Unconventionally, she strung together works of the most diverse art movements. She was a multifaceted personality; so was her life. The diaries on display, letters, the recollections of her grandson Pierre Stonborough, and the numerous interviews along the story line, address this in the exhibition.
Much of Margaret Stonborough’s life and work was forgotten. Now we are rediscovering it. Some things may have happened at that time due to a lack of appreciation. But genuine appreciation can work wonders. “It activates our reward center and inhibits our fear center in the brain. In this way, creativity, motivation and the ability to relate unfold in the shortest possible time,” writes bestselling author Reinhard Haller. Will Eros also achieve his goal with this ability.
In the course of the project “Eros of the summer resort” a Podcast series was produced by Elisabeth J. Nöstlinger (wissensART):
- Eros of the summer resort in the lake castle Orth at the Traunsee about Margaret Stonborough-Wittgenstein
- Eros of the summer resort in the mirror of the memory
- Eros of the summer resort about Margaret Stonborough and the pictures of Peter Baldinger
- Eros of the summer retreat: Hubert Scheibl, Wolfgang Welsch and Reinhard Haller
- Secrets of letters, revealed by Pierre Stonborough, Ilse Somavilla and Karin Bergmann
- The Villa Toscana: From Temple to Castle
More Information: https://wissensart.at